10 Hottest Degrees For Fall 2006
Earning an advanced degree could be the ticket to a higher salary or better job security. Find out which ones are hottest now.
1. Sonography – Researchers continue to find new uses for ultrasonography, leading to the creation of more jobs for trained individuals capable of managing the diagnostic equipment. It’s a well-paid job that combines personal communication with technical skills – never boring, and always rewarding!
The first step to a career in any of these fields is proper training – start your education today!
2. Online Nursing Schools – If you’re interested in helping others while also benefiting from career stability, nursing may be the perfect job for you. And with Internet-based healthcare studies, you can keep your current job until you complete your medical assistant training.
3. Accounting – As long as there are taxes, there will be a need for accountants. And, unfortunately, it looks like Uncle Sam isn’t planning to get rid of them any time soon. Add to that recent developments in accounting technology, and it’s easy to see why there’s such demand for trained financial minds.
4. X-Ray Technology (Radiology) – The baby boomers are aging, and many hospitals are struggling to keep up with the number of patients. There’s a serious need for qualified x-ray technicians to help carry the load. With just a couple years of study, you could enjoy a stable and rewarding job with a great salary.
5. Culinary – You’ll never be bored studying at a culinary school, but you may have to worry about putting on the “freshman 15” – or even more! Learn the kitchen secrets used by chefs around the world, enjoy great food, and get a degree in the process!
6. Advertising – Are you a creative type who always knows just what to say? Why not put that to use and earn great money with a career in advertising? You know the slogan: “Just do it!”
7. Phlebotomy – We could say “clinical laboratory technician”, but that would be boring. A phlebotomist is a medical assistant who draws blood from patients. Combine your studies with on-the-job training, and you’ll be ready to go in no time!
8. Technology (Online Programs) – What better way to study for a technology degree than online? You’ve got immediate access to up-to-date developments on the Internet, and there’s no shuffling between the classroom, lab, and home.
9. Dental Assistant – In recent years the U.S. government has encouraged Americans to pay more attention to oral health. That means more regular trips to the dentist and a greater need for dental assistants to help care for all those patients.
10. Architecture – What? With the housing market crashing? Actually, now’s the perfect time to study for a career in architecture. Real estate is a cyclical market, so the next big boom is just around the corner. Start your studies now, so you can be a part of it.